Thank you for making history!
We want to thank many people for stepping up to make history by participating in the transformational ‘March for Our Lives’ on Saturday, March 24th.
Delco United coordinated seven buses that brought over 350 people, including nearly 250 students, into Washington, D.C. to join a throng of 800,000 people demanding gun control NOW. Hundreds more people from Delaware County came out to the local ‘March for Our Lives’ rally held at Rose Tree Park in Media or joined the march and rally in Philadelphia.
We are confident that we were all a part of a “tipping point” moment on Saturday when the majority of the American people – led by the students of this nation — reclaimed our government from the extremist, fear-fueled cabal of the Nation Rifle Association (NRA).
So, let the thanking begin!
Thank you to…
- The amazing Delco student organizers from Chester STEM Academy, Haverford High School, Penncrest High School, Strath Haven High School, Swarthmore College, and Upper Darby High School who filled the buses from Delaware County.
- The adult allies who supported the students in organizing and serving as resource persons on the buses.
- The many hundreds of generous Delco United supporters who donated over $15,000 to pay for the buses that travelled to Washington D.C. from our county.
- The members of the Delco United Board of Directors who were the backbone of our organizing operation.
- The organizers of the ‘March for our Lives’ rally at Rose Tree Park in Media and for the march and rally in Philadelphia.
To read media coverage of the ‘March for our Lives” click on:
Photos by Delco D.C. Marchers below and more on our Facebook page.